Change Management : Risk Assessment
How well does your organization assess the risk of change in IT services?
- Does your IT team have a structured and repeatable method to review and evaluate the risk of changes to applications and technologies?
- Do they clearly understand the potential impact of change and probability of undesired results that lead to extended planned downtime periods?
- Is communication regarding changes inconsistent across IT teams and your hospital "customers"?
Features of a Change Management - Risk Assessment Methodology
From ITIL and IT-SMF concepts we have developed a unique Change Management - Risk Assessment Methodology (CM:RA) specifically for healthcare organizations.
CM:RA includes an assessment tool and structured metrics for evaluating changes in applications and technologies, and the risk of implementing the changes.
The CM:RA evaluation tool includes 18 factors that consider the scope and magnitude of change. The assessment factors can be customized to fit your healthcare organization.
Benefits of the CM:RA Methodology
- Easily integrates with your existing Change Management processes
- Establishes a repeatable process for ranking risk in terms of impact and probability of success
- Identifies changes that are likely to have a high implementation risk
- Facilitates governance decisions on approval of change requests
- Significantly reduces the occurrence of failed change events and extended planned downtime for information services
Your organization can benefit by adopting a Change Management – Risk Assessment Methodology that will assist you with evaluating upcoming changes and increase the probability of success!